Marple Hall Folder 15 : Peace Farm

Dublin Core

Title

Marple Hall Folder 15 : Peace Farm

Subject

Peace Farm

Description

Folder of items relating to Peace Farm.

Not filed in alphabetical index due to quantity of material.
Located in Cabinet B : Bottom Drawer

Identifier

MAH/15

Collection Items

Photographs of Peace Farm : Birthplace of John Bradshaw
Black & white photographs and photocopy photographs of Place Farm later to be called Peace Farm, front and rear.
Photocopy of exhibition notice with photograph of Peace Farm with brief history.

Inspection of Peace Farm : 1937
Council report on Peace "House" carried out at the request of Councillor Smith requesting Surveyor Mr Cooper carry out inspection of ground floor flagged area. Typed document dated 2l January 1937

Material on Demolition Marple's Oldest Building :  1937
1. Original Newspaper cutting from North Cheshire Herald dated 25/6/1937 reporting on the demolition of Peace Farm and older building found within.
2. Display information on House and demolition.
3. Typed extracts from High Peak Reporter on…

Newspaper article on forthcoming demolition of Peace Farm :  1935
Original copy and photocopy of newspaper article from the Stockport Advertiser on the 18th October 1935, written by James E McDonald, giving history of Peace Farm.
Handwritten transcript.

Blue Plaque for Lord President : 1993
Colour photographs showing the unveiling of Blue Plaque for Lord President.
Located on side wall of Petrol Station (location of the Place) by Mayor Phillip Harrison 23rd August 1993.
Church Lane/Stockport Road
Newspaper cutting "Famous site now a…
View all 5 items

Collection Tree